Properly Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Strong Sauce
Let’s face it, this recipe is more about spaghetti squash than it is about the sauce. A properly roasted squash is a thing a beauty, soft but not mushy. Slightly sweet and savory, not bitter and burnt. Squash is surprisingly easy to prepare and this method can be used with many other types of squash.
The combination of Strong Sauce with spaghetti squash makes for an amazingly nutritious and satisfying meal. I love this dish as it offers nutrients that GF pastas don’t have.
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 jar of Strong Sauce
- Pecorino Romano, to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of avocado or similar type cooking oil
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash the spaghetti squash
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the squash in half-length wise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds
- Rub oil, salt and pepper over both the outside and inside of the squash
- Place the squash open / cut side down on a baking sheet
- Place in the oven and add 2 cups of water to the baking sheet
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, squash will start to brown and be soft to the touch
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warm your Strong Sauce
- Scrape the squash right onto the baking sheet and fluff
- Place squash in serving bowls, top with Strong Sauce, basil and cheese
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious meal!